Changes to EU driving rules from 20 August 2020
The new rules will include:
- a requirement for drivers’ to ‘return home’ every 4 weeks
- a ban on taking regular weekly rest periods in the driver’s vehicle
- a new definition of ‘non-commercial carriage’
- more flexibility on the scheduling of the rest periods for some drivers on international carriage of goods
- new provisions for rests and breaks for drivers when journeys involve transport by ferry or by rail
- a new requirement to keep a full record of all other work.
Operators and drivers should review the changes to the EU driving rules and prepare to follow them.
Notice from www.gov.uk
Keeping accurate records
Several of our existing products can help you to create and maintain accurate records of the other work carried out by drivers when not actually driving.
If you are not sure how to keep robust records, which help to protect your O Licence, you may wish to attend one of our Transport Manager CPC Refresher courses or, if you have a Restricted Operator Licence, one of our Operator Licence Awareness Training (OLAT) courses.
Story By: DfT and Novadata
Date : 17-08-2020