Transport Manager CPC (LGV) Refresher 2 day Course
Price: £594.00 (includes VAT)
It is good practice for holders of a Transport Management Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Road Haulage qualification to attend a refresher course from time to time in order to update their knowledge. This is also now strongly recommended by the UK's Traffic Commissioners.
"A large number of operators appearing at public inquiry are still ignorant of exactly what is required of a transport manager."
(Richard Turfitt - Senior UK Traffic Commissione, Eastern Traffic Area)
Benefits of attending:
This refresher course enables transport managers to ensure that they are following best practice and complying with their transport operator undertakings. Novadata's course provides an invaluable revision opportunity, plus a chance to update your knowledge in accordance with the UK's evolving legal framework. Regular attendance helps transport operators to protect their business and equips them to avoid some of the most common pitfalls of compliance.
Traffic Commissioners now request that refresher courses are undertaken only at an approved OCR examination centre. Novadata is an OCR approved examination centre (08893.) As Novadata is also a JAUPT accredited centre (AC00035) this course can count as 7 hours towards the 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training required to obtain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC.)
This Management CPC Refresher course has been designed to raise awareness of the transport managers' responsibilities with regard to the demanding requirements of road transport legislation; to help you to protect your operator's licence and maintain a healthy Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS.) It provides updated information on recent legislative changes, including the latest drivers' hours regulations and operator undertakings, and will refresh existing knowledge of the key topics covered in the CPC course, which are vital to effective and compliant transport operations.
The course covers various aspects of the ongoing management of an Operator Licence:
- Understanding the principles underpinning the Operator Licence system
- Understanding the level of commitment and activity needed to create effective management control systems
- Clearly communicating requirements to other staff
- Understanding how the OCRS system works and how to improve this score
- Knowing where to go for follow-up advice and guidance
- Understanding their and other colleagues' roles in managing the Operator Licence
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest changes in legislation
- Daily defect reporting system; maintenance schedules; the recording and monitoring of vehicle inspections and scheduling tachograph calibrations inspections
Drivers' Hours Law:
- Permitted driving limits
- Driving breaks rules
- Daily and weekly rest requirements
- Working Time Directive and Road Transport Directive
- Analogue tachographs: trace identification; centre-field requirements; hand written entries
- Digital tachographs: models of digital tachograph; driver/company/workshop/control cards; operational modes; manual entries;
- Mixed tachograph work
- Exemptions - which operations are exempt from tachograph regulations, including Domestic Rules
- Systems for filing and storing charts and digital data
- Understanding tachograph analysis
- Driver licence checks
- Notifications to Traffic Commissioner of any infringements committed by vocational licence holders
- Driver disciplinary issues
2 days (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
NB: 1 day courses are also available. Contact us for further details and advice as to which best suits your requirements. Call 01376 552999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking and information:
Courses start at 8:30am, please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on email@example.com.
Item Added to Basket!
You have just added an item to the basket, would you like to: