Driver CPC - FORS registered - LoCITY Driving
Price: £125.40 (includes VAT & DVSA registration fee)
Novadata is delighted to host the LoCITY Driving training course in conjunction with our FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) registered training partners. LoCITY Driving is a classroom-based course which raises driver awareness of the environmental impact of vans and HGVs and explains how vehicle emissions can be reduced through the careful use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving and alternative fuels.
This seven-hour Driver CPC accredited course helps to equip drivers with the knowledge and skills needed to help cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
The LoCITY initiative was launched to help mitigate the environmental effects of the use of commercial vehicles and to encourage the reduction of commercial vehicle emissions. LoCITY offers a unique collaborative opportunity for vehicle manufacturers, fuel infrastructure providers, procurers and commercial fleet operators to ensure we have the right technology, right vehicles and right fuels in the right places.
The LoCITY Driving course was awarded the prestigious Education in Transport Award at the 2017 National Courier Awards for "demonstrating a commitment to education for the advancement of those working in the express industry."
Benefits of attending:
- Raises awareness of environmental impact of commercial driving
- Promotes best practice in fuel efficient driving
- Encourages lower costs and reduced vehicle emisions
- Counts as 7 hours towards the 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training required to gain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of pre-journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicles
1 day (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
Booking and Information:
This course starts promptly at 8.30am. Please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
Please note: your online booking is subject to confirmation from Novadata.
The price for the training at Novadata's premises includes VAT & the DVSA Registration fee of £8.75. People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are new to professional driving and took your car driving test after 1st January 1997, you may need to take Initial Driver CPC training in order to obtain your first DQC. Please call us on 01376 552999 for advice about the most appropriate training for you.