Driver CPC - Smart Motorways (LGV)
Price £95.75 (includes VAT & DVSA registration fee)
New for 2019, we deliver the Driver CPC Smart Motorways course in association with Highways England. Smart motorways are being introduced in the UK to reduce congestion and improve journey times. This new course will help to give drivers a good understanding of the growing use of smart motorways, which will be introduced more widely in the coming years.
Benefits of attending:
- Provides drivers with a clear understanding of the role and function of smart motorways
- Outlines to drivers best practice when driving on a smart motorway
- Helps drivers to understand the use of, and adherence to, variable speed limits
- Explains when and how the hard shoulder, in particular, can be used for motorway traffic
- Helps drivers to understand and use smart motorways in confidence and in compliance with the law
- Counts as 7 hours towards the 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training required to gain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
- The motorway network
- Why introduce smart motorways?
- Losing the hard shoulder
- Where are smart motorways located?
- Types of smart motorway
- Managing the traffic flow
- Smart driving: the driver, the vehicle, the load and the environment
- Case study workshop
1 day (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
Booking and information:
Approved course: CRS13570/35
This course starts at 8.30am, please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
Please note: your online booking is subject to confirmation from Novadata.
Please also note: Due to the current Coronavirus situation, our courses are not available at present. If you already have a booking for a course, we will notify you of new dates as soon as we are advised that it is safe to resume training. If you do not have an existing booking, please ensure that we have your email address so that we can notify you as soon as our courses are available to book. You can sign up for our mailing list at the foot of our home page www.novadata.co.uk.
This price includes the DVSA Registration fee of £8.75. People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on email@example.com.
If you are new to professional driving and took your car driving test after 1st January 1997, you may need to take Initial Driver CPC training in order to obtain your first DQC. Please call us on 01376 552999 for advice about the most appropriate training for you.