Driver CPC - The Terrorist Threat & Driver Security
Price £95.75 (includes VAT & DVSA registration fee)
This course aims to make professional drivers in the road haulage and passenger transport industries aware of the threats of terrorism and organised crime, and steps that can be taken to minimise these threats. It emphasises the importance of driver security and the steps which may be taken and processes designed to ensure the safety and security of the driver.
Benefits of attending:
- Enhances Drivers' awareness of various potential terrorist threats to the transport industry.
- Increases driver knowledge of how to spot suspicious behaviour.
- Makes drivers aware of measures designed to enhance their own safety and that of the general public.
- Highlights importance of security checks and outlines how to carry them out.
- Examines the consequences of not carrying out security checks and failing to act on observed suspicious behaviour.
- Counts as 7 hours towards the 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training required to gain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
How to identify and act on suspicious behaviour:
- How to identify those engaged in hostile reconnaissance activities
- Actions to take in the event of threat or attack
- Outline of the Run Hide Tell protocol
Crime prevention best practice:
- The difference in threats from terrorism and organised crime
- The importance of constant vigilance
- Reporting suspicious circumstances and actual incidents
- Practical measures for preventing attacks on vehicles
- The impact of theft or hijack on company, driver and customers
Vehicle security best practice:
- Drivers' responsibilities and awareness of potential dangers - staying safe
- Secure parking
- Standard security checks following overnight parking
The Immigration and Asylum Act:
- Preventing clandestine passengers; standard checks, procedures and paperwork
- Penalties for being caught carrying clandestine passengers
- The role of Border Control authorities
1 day (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
Booking and information:
Approved course: CRS14625
This course starts at 8.30am, please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
In line with Government advice, we ask that you bring and wear a face covering unless exempt for medical or other reasons. We will be observing social distancing and ask that you continue to wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitising facilities will be provided.
Please note: your online booking is subject to confirmation from Novadata.
This price includes the DVSA Registration fee of £8.75. People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on email@example.com.
If you are new to professional driving and took your car driving test after 1st January 1997, you may need to take Initial Driver CPC training in order to obtain your first DQC. Please call us on 01376 552999 for advice about the most appropriate training for you.
Item Added to Basket!
You have just added an item to the basket, would you like to: