FORS Driver Training - Staying Legal
Counts towards Driver CPC training
Price: £95.75 (includes VAT & DVSA registration fee)
Novadata is approved to deliver the FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) Driver Training course, Staying Legal. This is a one-day course which can also count towards the 35 hours required for periodic Driver CPC training. This classroom-based training gives commercial LGV (HGV) drivers a clearer understanding of their legal responsibilities when driving in UK towns and cities, and helps the organisations for which they drive to achieve and maintain FORS registration.
Benefits of Attending:
- Provides drivers with a clear picture of their legal responsibilities.
- Helps drivers to stay legally compliant, protecting their employer's O Licence and FORS registration.
- Enables drivers to act appropriately in emergency situations.
- Counts as 7 hours towards periodic Driver CPC training, which drivers must complete to obtain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
- Categories and codes for UK driving licences.
- DVSA and police roadside checks.
- Driving offences and graduated fixed penalties.
- Drivers' medical limitations, age limits, documentation and records.
- Overview of Drivers Hours regulations.
- Health & safety overview for drivers.
- Vehicle security, weights and speed limits, load safety and security.
- Daily vehicle checks and defect reporting.
- Driving while tired, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or using mobile phones.
- Safe use of the road, Highway Code, driver safety, use of seat belts.
- Appropriate actions to take following a collision.
1 day (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
Booking and Information:
FORS ID: A00593
This course starts promptly at 8.30am. Please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
In line with Government advice, we ask that you bring and wear a face covering unless exempt for medical or other reasons. We will be observing social distancing and ask that you continue to wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitising facilities will be provided.
Please note: your online booking is subject to confirmation from Novadata.
The price for the training at Novadata's premises includes VAT & the DVSA Registration fee of £8.75 for Driver CPC hours. People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on email@example.com.
If you are new to professional driving and took your car driving test after 1st January 1997, you may need to take Initial Driver CPC training in order to obtain your first DQC. Please call us on 01376 552999 for advice about the most appropriate training for you.