Driver CPC - Safe Loading and Vehicle Checking
Price: £95.75 (includes VAT & DVSA registration fee)
This course addresses the important role a driver plays in safely loading and unloading vehicles. It also gives the driver a detailed look at how to conduct thorough walkaround vehicle checks, including the safe coupling and uncoupling of trailers. Additionally, the driver will be made aware of the importance of vehicle braking systems, and various load-handling systems, plus gaining an insight into the regulations regarding the use of lifting and loading equipment.
Benefits of Attending:
- Helps drivers to stay compliant.
- Encourages drivers to act in a safe and thorough way.
- Counts as 7 hours towards the 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training required to gain or renew a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
Safety in loading and unloading vehicles:
- Safe systems of working
- Correct position of loads
- Safe and correct use of securing equipment
Load handling systems:
- Regulations such as PUWER and LOLER
- Safe handling of pallets, cages, stillages, containers, tanks, tippers and skips
Safe coupling and uncoupling of trailers:
- Safe working routine
- Examining the air & electrical connections
Vehicle safety and walkaround checks
- The fundamental driver checks of any vehicle before it is used
1 day (7 hours towards Driver CPC)
Booking and Information:
Approved course: CRS9252/35
This course starts at 8.30am, please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
Please note: your online booking is subject to confirmation from Novadata.
This price includes the DVSA Registration fee of £8.75. People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on email@example.com.
If you are new to professional driving and took your car driving test after 1st January 1997, you may need to take Initial Driver CPC training in order to obtain your first DQC. Please call us on 01376 552999 for advice about the most appropriate training for you.