DGSA Course 5 days
Price: £954.00 (includes VAT)
DGSAs are required to take and pass the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) examinations and be issued with a Vocational Training Certificate (VTC) before taking up their duties. There are no 'grandfather rights'. Every DGSA must pass the approved examinations.* The VTC is valid for 5 years and must be renewed periodically.
The European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road requires organisations involved in the transport, distribution and loading of dangerous goods consigned by road to have an appointed and qualified DGSA.
Benefits of attending:
- Prepares the attendee to sit the Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser examinations.
- Helps to ensure that companies will maintain compliance with rules and regulations regarding the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Enables the attendee to become suitably equipped to make sure their company is doing the above.
- Increases safety and reduces the risk of an accident or incident.
The course covers the following subjects: Core, Road and All Classes. It does not cover Rail or Inland Waterways.
- Relevant legislation and regulations including ADR.
- How to classify and identify dangerous goods and the procedures and regulations concerning this.
- How to correctly pack and label dangerous goods, and specify the packaging, tank or bulk transport unit.
- The necessary dangerous goods documentation.
- Environmental protection.
- Training requirements for staff.
- The required marking of vehicles for both national and international journeys.
- Legalities revolving around DGSAs and their responsibilities.
Required materials for candidates:
- ADR 2019 (Volumes 1 and 2) (Available from Novadata at £145:00.)
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Approved Derogations and Transitional Provisions April 2012.
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009.
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
5 days Monday to Friday
Booking and information:
Courses start at 8:30am. Please be early. Light lunch & refreshments are provided.
People paying by cheque, credit card or by postal order for training courses please note that a 25% deposit is required within seven days and the remaining balance at least 15 days prior to course commencement.
For more information please call 01376 552999 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also purchase ADR/DGSA 2019 Manual Volumes 1&2 from us.
Item Added to Basket!
You have just added an item to the basket, would you like to: