Frequently asked questions
The following pages contain information on the questions that drivers most frequently ask us. Many of them are about Driver CPC or how to use tachographs correctly.
- I am a taxi driver and use a D1 entitlement to drive a minibus to transport passengers. Will I need to do Driver CPC?
- How can I correct a digital tachograph manual entry if I make a mistake?
- How do I get my digital smart-cards [driver or company]?
- How often do I have to download my Digital Tachograph Driver Card & Vehicle Unit?
- I've left my driver card at home, can I drive a vehicle with a digital tachograph?
- I've lost my driver card, can I drive a vehicle with a digital tachograph?
- Why can't I enter my 'start duty' in local time?
- Why does my driver card only record 'drive' and 'work'?
- My daily printouts and driver card analysis report always have the infringement 'insertion of card while driving'. I always put my card in before I drive, why does it show this infringement?
- My analogue tachograph charts show my speed trace, where is it on my driver card when I use a digital tachograph?
- Since I've started using a digital tachograph I'm always exceeding the Working Time Directive weekly average, I never used to before. Why?
- How often should I clean the tachograph scanner paper feed rollers?
- Where can I find more information about the digital tachograph?